Is it worth spending time in online marketing forums? Does forum marketing really work?
I would definitely say “YES!” Considering you are following the forum marketing tips below.
You can make some great connections there. Find answers to your questions by posting threads. Well, even find prospects for your business opportunity.
However there are some rules you need to follow.
Some are common sense but still I see people violate them all the time.
Just like blogs, or social networks, online marketing forums are very public. People can follow and observe you without you even knowing it. So it is of utmost importance that you are at your best behavior at all times.
I think it goes without saying that you should be treating people with courtesy and respect.
Here are some forum marketing tips that will make your experience in online marketing forums more fun:
- Read the rules. That should be a no brainer, as not following the rules can get you banned from online marketing forums altogether.
- Be transparent. Don’t hide behind an avatar, company logo, picture of your dog or any other such nonsense. People want to know who you are. They are much more likely to connect with you when they can see your face.
- Be kind and polite to fellow members. Think twice before cutting someone down, leaving a rude comment, or being darn right nasty. Remember, these are real people you are interacting with. Just like you, they do have feelings. Offensive language doesn’t get you anywhere. It can actually get you banned from the forum as well.
- Never sell or promote anything. People don’t like to be spammed. An online marketing forum is not an ad board, but a place to communicate, share experiences and help and support other members.
- Always give value. If you have helpful information that you can add to forums, or the solution to someone’s problem , by all means share it. Share freely without expecting anything in return. The more you contribute the better people will get to know you.
- Be appreciative. If someone helped you out, please let them know that you appreciate their help and support. A little “thank you” can go a long way.
- Create an attractive signature file. This is the place where you can link to your opportunity, your website or your blog. The only place where you can toot your own horn. So make it interesting for people to want to find out more about you or your business.
There you have it. It’s not rocket science. Most of it is common sense.
Remember, whatever you say in online marketing forums is public and out there for everyone to see.
Failure Is Not An Option? – It Better Be If You Want To Become A Network Marketing Pro
Just think about it … If failure wasn’t an option we would never have heard of any of the following individuals. They all failed. Some of them miserably before they reached success. For all of them failure WAS an option!
Walt Disney …. Was fired from a newspaper because he “lacked originality and had no imagination.”
Lucille Ball … had been dismissed from Drama School with a note that said, … “Wasting her time. She’s too shy to put her best foot forward.”
Harrison Ford … was fired from Columbia Pictures and told he “was never going to make it in the business.”
Michael Jordan … was cut from his high school team saying he “wasn’t good enough.”
The Beatles … were turned down by Decca Records saying, …”we don’t like your sound and guitar music is on the way out.”
Abraham Lincoln … failed in business twice, had a nervous breakdown, his fiancé died and he was defeated in eight elections.
Thomas Edison … was told that his inventions were of “no practical use.”
I could keep going but I think you get the point.
All these people failed. But they never gave up trying. And because of that, all of them eventually succeeded.
Think back to when you were a baby…
When you first started walking, did you give up after falling on your butt a few times? No, of course you didn’t. You got right back up and tried again to the cheers of everyone around you.
What has changed?
So alright, maybe nobody is cheering you on anymore. (But maybe you’re wrong about that one. Your peers are watching and they want you to have success. Especially if you are part of the “Better Bunch.”)
Maybe FEAR has set in. Fear of Failure!
But think about what F.E.A.R really means … False Evidence Appearing Real. Do you think FEAR of failure stopped any of those people above? They were not even thinking about that. Not for a split second. They failed and they pushed on.
So, is failing in Network Marketing an option?
Absolutely! It better be! But only if you let failure stop you from trying again have you really failed.
“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” _ Henry Ford
Maybe you have heard of the failure rate in network marketing being 97%. That’s 97% of the people who join network marketing who give up because they failed at one time or another and didn’t push on. They quit. And that made them fail permanently.
So, are the 3% that made it just lucky? No, luck has nothing to do with it. They succeeded because they didn’t let failure stop them. They used it as stepping stone, pushed on and never quit.
What would have happened if Thomas Edison just would have given up in his efforts to find a stable filament to make his electric light bulb invention work? He tried thousands of different versions and none of them worked. His comment: “I have not failed. I’ve simply discovered ten thousand ways that don’t work.”
So go ahead, embrace failure!
Because, for one, it’s going to happen anyway. Unless you stop trying all together. And two, it’s the only way for you to get to where you want to be. And if you persevere then you will write your own network marketing success story someday and people will know your name too.
There is no success without failure. The only time you have really failed is … if you quit. Then failure becomes permanent.